Sunday, September 5, 2010

Using Moneybookers from Bangladesh

Moneybookers is a service similar to paypal except that they have less coverage and they let Bangladeshis sign up for their service and use it efficiently. www.moneybookers.com is the URL. Those who need to receive money from abroad ( mainly for outsourcing ) can use this service for efficient money transfer. Their service is cheap and affordable.

Case Study: My Story
I use Freenalcer for outsourcing and earn a decent amount of money working at my leisure side by side of my studies at DU.  I used to use the verified paypal account of my partner at JOTIL21. But Moneybookers have made things even simpler. Both Scriplance and BRE LLC Authority sends me payment via moneybookers and I receive the money directly into my Brac Bank Limited account with just a few clicks. I’ve added and verified my Brac account to my Moneybookers account and it’s all done!
Adding and verifying your Bangladeshi bank account is quite easy. Let me walk you through:
1) Register at Moneybookers (www.moneybookers.com)
2) Add funds to your Moneybookers account from other online sources. ( Withdraw fund from your employer to Moneybookers ). I withdrew funds from Scriptlance to Moneybookers.
4) Add a bank account with their SWIFT code. SWIFT is a messaging system used by most Banks for international financial messaging ( mostly transaction related ). For Brac, it is : “BRAKBDDH “.
3) Try to withdraw money. You’ll be asked to verify your address or Bank account. You will be able to withdraw less than 15 USD before you verify. So, I withdrew $14.99 to my BRAC account.
4) It took around 10 days for the money to arrive home. I went to BRAC DHAKA Branch and asked for the verification code that came along the transaction.
5) I collected it and put into my moneybookers account. To do that, I tried to Withdraw again. They again asked me to verify, I picked up the option that said something like “I already have the code”. I entered the code and my account become verified.
Now, I can withdraw around $2000+ in a 90 days period. This limit can be pushed further by verifying your home address and debit/credit card. But I’m happy with what I’ve got. They charge around $2.16 for every transaction no matter the amount is small or large. I use the BRAC ATM card to withdraw money from anywhere in BD. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment